Scary Sharpening Abrasive Sheets (Trial Pack)SCARYSET1
The Scary Sharpening abrasive sheets provide a quick cutting, long lasting and very flat sharpening method. These Aluminium Oxide microfinishing sheets are easy to lay with the Pressure Sensitive Adhesive (PSA) backing.
This trial pack of Scary Sharpening abrasives has one of each grade of the sheets - 80u, 40u, 20u, 15u, 9u and 3u to cover all your sharpening requirements.
Each sheet is approximately 280mm x 230mm which can be cut to maximise the use of the sheet for scary sharpening tasks.
We use these abrasive sheets for sharpening in our attached workshops at the Peter Sefton Furniture School. It has been very well received by the students and has become many students sharpening method of choice over the years.
Originally designed for use in the demanding field of metalwork microfinishing for grinding of cam shafts and offers excellent results in hand sharpening. The abrasive cutting is quicker, lasts longer and is less prone to tearing during use compared to the original lapping films used for fibre-optic polishing.
Here's a guide to help you to select the micron size, but you will find how it works best for you with experience. The higher the micron or U number, the coarser the grade.
- 80u (180 Grit) Black - For removing original grinding marks on new blades or grinding the primary bevel; cleaning or initial lapping of plane soles to remove damage or rust.
- 40u (360 Grit) Blue - Used for flattening new chisels and plane blades (if required) initial primary bevel forming and lapping plane soles
- 20u (1000 Grit) Red - Great for general secondary bevel and backing off chisels and plane irons.
- 15u (1200 Grit) Orange - Refining secondary bevels on chisels and plane irons and backing off.
- 9u (2500 Grit) Light Blue - Produces micro bevel and backing off chisels, plane irons and knifes; should cut hair but the edge can be improved if required.
- 3u (8000 Grit) Pink - Produces polished micro bevel and polished chisel backs, plane irons and knifes; this will give the finest cutting edges available.
FREE UK Delivery on all orders over £30 within the UK Mainland, Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands. Only £5.95 on orders under £30.
Order before 2pm and we'll aim to despatch your order the same day, Monday to Friday. Please allow 1 to 2 working days for delivery. For the lastest COVID-19 delivery information please click on the link below.