WoodRiver No 5 Jack Plane V3WR_BENPLA5
Buy any WoodRiver plane and get a FREE 3 month subscription to Rob Cosman's Interactive Online Hand & Power Tool Workshops! The subscription is for seventy-five, 30-minute sessions as well as access to over 1,100 previous episodes, plus 5 new ones each week for the next three months! It’s a great way to get the most out of your new WoodRiver planes and build your skills!
The WoodRiver No 5 Jack Plane is an all-purpose hand plane 'jack of all trades', the No 5, or Jack, plane will perform almost any job you might need done, while providing you with experience and feed back to help you pick your next plane.
The 14" length makes the No 5 useful for stock removal, smoothing, shooting mitres, and jointing smaller work.
Like the previous WoodRiver Bench Hand Planes is based on the reliable Bedrock design and feature heavy, stress-relieved ductile iron castings, fully machined adjustable frogs and T10 blades. WoodRiver have changed the shape of the rear handle and increased the diameter of the blade adjustment wheel to make advancing the blade a bit easier. They have improved the lateral adjustment lever and added a traditional style bearing for better control of the blade and made numerous changes to the castings that result in better "feedback" and a solid feel to the user. Working closely with their own manufacturer, they have continued to make improvements in machining, finish and functionality which we feel have yielded hand planes that are meant to be used and offer an extraordinary value.
- 2-7-16" W x 13-7/8"L with 2"W blade
- Modeled after the Bedrocks, Stanley Tool's very best line
- WoodRiver hand planes feature the same heavy castings (6 lbs) and fully machined frogs
- Lightly finished Bubinga handles provide comfort and control
- Tools require minimal tune-up prior to use
- Commonly known as a "jack" plane
- Soles and sides are machined flat and square within tightly held tolerances