WoodRiver No 6 Fore Plane V3WR_BENPLA6
The No. 6, also called a 'fore' hand plane is good for jointing edges and flattening and smoothing large surfaces, such as table tops, panels and workbench tops, where you might not want or need the length or weight of a larger plane.
The extra length and width of the sole enables it to shave bumps and bridge valleys 7/8" wide better than a shorter plane. Weighing in at a stout 7-3/4 lbs, this plane's additional heft makes it easier for you to shave difficult stock without breaking a sweat.
The V3: Like previous WoodRiver® Bench Hand Planes is based on the reliable Bedrock design and feature heavy, stress-relieved ductile iron castings, fully machined adjustable Bedrock frogs and T10 blades. WoodRiver have changed the shape of the rear handle and increased the diameter of the blade adjustment wheel to make advancing the blade a bit easier. We improved the lateral adjustment lever and added a traditional style bearing for better control of the blade. They have made numerous changes to the castings that result in better ?feedback? and a solid feel to the user. Working closely with their own manufacturer, they have continued to make improvements in machining, finish and functionality which we feel have yielded hand planes that are meant to be used and offer an extraordinary value.
- 2-7/8" W x 17-3/4"L with 2-3/8"W blade
- Modeled after the Bedrocks, Stanley Tool's very best line
- WoodRiver hand planes feature the same heavy castings (7-3/4 lbs) and fully machined frogs
- Lightly finished Bubinga handles provide comfort and control
- Tools require minimal tune-up prior to use
- Commonly known as a "fore" plane
- Soles and sides are machined flat and square within tightly held tolerances