WoodRiver No 3 Smoothing Plane V3WR_BENPLA3
Slightly longer than a block plane, the handle makes it more comfortable for extended use.
Slightly smaller and lighter than the No 4, this hand plane is well suited for smoothing smaller surfaces, or maneuvering around troublesome grain. Like the previous WoodRiver Bench Hand Planes, our version 3 is based on the reliable Bedrock design and feature heavy, stress-relieved ductile iron castings, fully machined adjustable frogs and T10 blades. WoodRiver have changed the shape of the rear handle and increased the diameter of the blade adjustment wheel to make advancing the blade a bit easier. They have improved the lateral adjustment lever and added a traditional style bearing for better control of the blade and made numerous changes to the castings that result in better "feedback" and a solid feel to the user. Working closely with their own manufacturer, they have continued to make improvements in machining, finish and functionality which we feel have yielded hand planes that are meant to be used and offer an extraordinary value.
- 2-1/4" W x 9-5/16"L with 1-3/4"W blade
- Modeled after the Bedrocks, Stanley Tool's very best line
- WoodRiver hand planes feature the same heavy castings (4-1/2 lbs) and fully machined frogs
- Lightly finished Bubinga handles provide comfort and control
- Tools require minimal tune-up prior to use
- Partners perfectly with the longer No. 5
- Commonly known as a smoothing plane